RD449 - Forensic Science Board 2016 Annual Report
Virginia Code § 9.1-1110(B) requires the Forensic Science Board (FSB) to review and make recommendations by November 1 of each year concerning the following:
1. New major programs and plans for activities of the Department of Forensic Science (DFS) and elimination of programs no longer needed;
2. Policy and priorities in response to agency needs;
3. General fiscal year operational budget and any major changes in appropriated funds;
4. Actions to foster and promote coordination and cooperation between the Department of Forensic Science and the user programs which are served;
5. Rules and regulations necessary to carry out the purposes and intent of this chapter; and
6. Any recommendations submitted to the Board or the Director by the Scientific Advisory Committee.
The Forensic Science Board met at the Department of Forensic Science’s Central Laboratory in Richmond on January 6, 2016, May 11, 2016, August 10, 2016, and October 13, 2016. A list of members of the Board is included as Attachment A. Pursuant to Code § 9.1-1110(B), the Board makes the following report.