RD499 - Regional and Statewide Training Regarding the Children’s Services Act (CSA) – December 2017
The mission of the Office of Children’s Services (OCS) is to facilitate a collaborative system of services and funding that is child-centered, family-focused, and community based when addressing the strengths and needs of youth and their families in the Commonwealth of Virginia. To support this mission, OCS annually develops and implements a robust training plan. In accordance with the 2017 training plan, the following activities were implemented:
• The 6th Annual Commonwealth of Virginia CSA Conference, “Celebrating Our Strengths" was provided for an audience of 588 participants. Individual conference training sessions are summarized on pages 5 through 7 of this report.
Annual Conference Participant Summary:
118 out of 131 CSA local entities were represented as follows:
State agency participants: 47
Note: Not all participants identified the category they represented
• Thirty-eight (38) regional and stakeholder training sessions were provided to 1448 participants. Training topics, dates, and participant numbers are summarized on pages 2 through 4 of this report.
• Eight (8) on-line training courses were made available through the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Knowledge Center, with a total enrollment of 850 (non-unique) participants.
• Site-based technical assistance was provided per requests of local and regional CSA stakeholders.
• Online “OCS Help Desk" was maintained with over 800 individual requests answered.